Sunday Brunch: Toro.

Yummy...

I don't get over to Toro often for meals... It's on Washington all the way by Mass. Ave... And I just never walk in that direction. Which is a shame... Because besides having some cute stores and restaurants in that part of the South End, it also has some really picturesque brownstones.

Ahh... I am going to miss the South End when I move next May.

Anyway... I met Frogger for brunch at Toro. And I always forget how small Toro actually is... There aren't that many tables in the joint... So managing to get one for brunch is a huge score. And Frogger scored nicely.

I have only ever eaten there for dinner, so this was my first experience brunching there. And it did not disappoint. We started with some plantains with salsa...



And then I had the Huevos Rancheros...



I am a bit of a Huevos Rancheros fanatic. It's like with pasta with bolognese sauce... If it's offered on the menu, I will be ordering it. And as far as taste goes, Toro's Huevos Rancheros was definitely the best I have had in Boston. Though, I must confess, I prefer the presentation of the one from Tremont 647. But 647 doesn't have anything on the taste of Toro's. Toro's had some major kick to it. It was just enough, not too much.

I will have a hard time forcing myself to order something else the next time I go there. I can hear the perfectly running eggs whispering my name...

Comments

Love Toro! On fridays they grill for lunch in the summer and have amazing kobe beef burgers and the best corn on the cob you have ever had. The catch? It's only 5 dollars! Well worth the wait.

xoxo
ym

Popular Posts