South End Buttery Bar-Bistro.

Hmm!

One of my favorite places for the past two years has been The Buttery here in the South End. Until recently, it was just a great place for the following:
  • cappuccinos
  • muffins
  • salads
  • and OMG-The-Best-Cupcakes-In-The-World
But now that they have expanded the space and built out a bar-bistro area, I have discovered it's a great place for evening. The Husband and I just came back from a dinner there, and I have nothing but great things to say about it.

We got there about 6:30pm... And the place wasn't filled, so we had our choice of tables. We chose to sit in the cafe area, which had been dimmed with lighting... Very different from how I am used to seeing it.

I started with a glass of Prosecco (my usual, if I don't get a salad). And they made a fancy Sprite for The Husband, complete with lemon and lime wedges to garnish. Since we skipped starters and went straight for dinner, I had a pork loin with a BBQ sauce...



And The Husband had a spicy sausage and broccoli rabe penne pasta. We were both really pleased with our meals. And the portions weren't out-of-control-crazy large.

We decided to share a dessert of Stout Chocolate Cake...



And this was amazing too. Though, I really shouldn't be surprised... As it is The Buttery... And baked goods are kind of their specialty.

This is definitely a "must-hit" place in the South End... And now, it's no longer just for breakfast or an afternoon snack... You must hit it for dinner too.

Comments

ACQUIRE said…
Oh! I have been dying to go since they expanded the space. Glad to hear they serve wine too!

Popular Posts