Mail Goggles From Google.

I am just now catching up on some news from the past few days, and I saw this article...

Google prevent drunk emailing
.

The new service is called "Mail Goggles." It's sole purpose is to help prevent you from sending that drunk email. (Wonder if they will ever offer this on Blogger to help prevent drunk blogging?)

Once you activate it for your account via the "Labs" tab in your Gmail Settings...



... It will then prompt you with simple but thoughtful math questions you will have to answer before sending emails late at night.

I activated it for my account to see if it would work, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. It didn't prompt me to answer any math questions this morning... So it must be on a time-setting and will only prompt me late at night.

But what happens if I start drinking during the work day? I could really use this feature during the daytime then.

Comments

Anonymous said…
once you've enabled it in labs, you can update your settings in regular gmail settings to change the dates/times it's active...
Me said…
Ah! Thanks for the tip!

Popular Posts