'Scuse Me, But Where's My 'Spresso?

It is freaking cold today in Boston. Like mid-30s cold. I am dressed in tights, boots and a heavy wool coat. Underneath, I am wearing a cashmere wool dress.

Yet, despite being decked out in warm materials, I found myself still cold when I got into work and settled at my desk. So, I decided I would head to D-Team Starbucks and pick up a cup of warmth.

There, as usual, was a line at D-Team. But that didn't bother me. I had faith that it would move quickly. Which it actually did do. I had a cup placed in front of me with (what I thought was) my order. It had my name on it. And it read on the side that I wanted a "Double Tall Soy Latte."

I pick up my cup and go to take a drink...

I taste the vanilla soy milk. But no espresso.

I pop the lid off the cup... No brown tinge to the milk. Just frothy milk.

There was no espresso in my latte. It was just warmed soy milk.

"Excuse me!" I flag down the barista. "I don't think there's any espresso in my cup."

He offered to put two extra shots in it. And he pressed the mechanical button to release them inside the paper cup. Nothing happened.

Apparently, that part of the machine was out of beans. So he had been pressing the button, with my cup right underneath the spouts (not shot glasses), thinking the liquid copper had gone in.

Have you ever had warmed soy milk? Not good.

He kindly remade my drink with no fuss, and apologized. And I went along my merry way to work.

Comments

Ugh...don't get me started on that place. I'm boycotting as of last night, and will blog about why once I have calmed down enough!
Me said…
Oh no!!!! I am dying to know what happened!

Popular Posts