Still Not A Hockey/Soccer Mom.

This was the status of my friend Bail on Facebook tonight... And I had to use it for my own.

Other than brown hair, a need for spectacles, brief careers in TV news and "lady bits," Sarah Palin and I have nothing common.
  • I believe in Gay rights. And I support Gay Marriage.
  • I believe in a woman's right to choose to do whatever the fuck she wants to do with her reproductive system.
  • I do NOT believe that putting together an exit strategy for Iraq is "waving the white flag" and "surrendering."
  • I believe it to be a joke that Iraq can't begin to take care of themselves.
  • I do not believe America will ever be able to be "energy independent." And I think we need to just accept that reality and learn to be nicer to other countries... Not just a country that "throws money" at other countries just when they need it. Let's try being nice, listening, and just
  • I know how to pronounce "nuclear." And it's not "nuke-u-lar."
  • I know what the Bush Doctrine is.
  • I am NOT a soccer mom/hockey mom.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You two also have something of a tangential connection to Canada...
Me said…
Heh-heh.. You said "genital" in there.
Anonymous said…
Obama and Biden do not believe in gay marriage either. Joe said so. Also, both presidential candidates have denounced lobbyists as the scumbuckets that they are, yet Joe's son is a lobbyist. Although parents cannot and should not be held liable for their children's choices of careers, somehow I feel that Joe's son's being a lobbyist is more relevant than Sarah's daughter being pregant. The media have made their choice and seem to be strong-arming everyone else to choose the same. Elected officials thinking public office is an opportunity to increase their personal wealth is a problem. GW trying to help his wealthy cronies become even richer is a problem. Obama seems to have an equally troublesome assortment of buds.
Me said…
Oh yes.. I am well aware that Biden and Obama are not for gay marriage. And to be perfectly honest, I will not be voting for them on November 4th.

See, the truth is, I won't be voting at all on November 4th. My candidate (Hilary Clinton) did not become the Democratic candidate... So I will not be voting.

Don't get me wrong. I think the Obama/Biden ticket is the best choice. I think both are strong candidates and will bring far greater good to this country than a McCain/Palin ticket... But I just can not bring my heart to cast the vote for them.

If I were in a swing state where my vote was critical, you bet your ass I would be set to vote for them November 4th. But since I live in Massachusetts, and this state always goes Democrat, I have nothing to worry about. I can be loyal to my original candidate.

And I have never once down-graded Palin for her teenage daughter being pregnant. I do think it should show her that there needs to be stronger sex education in schools. But sadly, it has not.

Popular Posts