Apparently, I Have Options...

The Husband talked me out of going to yoga this afternoon. Instead, we went browsing through stores and had a late lunch together. It was actually really nice. (And I say that because I never really thought of myself as the type of wife who spent Saturday afternoons with their husbands. I usually need my time and space to myself. But this was quite nice.)

Anyhoo...

After the lunch, we decided, "Hey! Wouldn't it be great to go to the gym together?"

And so we did. We went and hit the gym for about 45 minutes side-by-side on the elliptical machines, chatting about politics and energy theories. (Please, go ahead and make fun of us. Yes, we are this lame.)

After the gym, we walked home. It's about an eight minute walk from Equinox to our apartment. And we get to walk past some lovely brownstones in the neighborhood. So we really enjoy every excuse to walk slowly home... Though today it took longer than usual because we were walking in the drizzling rain. And on this walk home in the rain, we found ourselves stuck at an intersection for a little while...

Eventually, the light changed, and we made our way across the street. But as we did so, The Husband and I separated from each other by about seven feet. And in the few seconds that we were separated by seven feet, a guy (about 18) on a BMX bike rode up next to me and looked me up and down.

"Hey mama," he said. "You lookin' good."

Me, being out of the flirting game for nearly eight years now, could only find one reaction to the fact that I was being hit on only a few feet from The Husband. (Who is a big Canadian.)

I laughed. I laughed and looked around to find my husband.

The Husband, I found, was giving the kid on the bike a "Dude! That's my wife!" kind of look.

The kid rode away, a little too quickly. (The Husband can be intimidating.)

I said to The Husband, "Hey... It's good to know I have options."

The Husband laughed. And then we counted up the different types of guys who have hit on me in the past year...
  • There was a 60 year old guy in a luxury car on a downtown street. (Who creeped me out. And that's hard to do.)
  • There was the 40 year old who stuttered and knew of my husband when he sent over sipping tequila at a bar I was at with my friend. (Who was a bit odd.)
  • And now, their was the kid on the bike. (Who would be great for someone his own age.)
My options are so very, very ideal. Don't you think?

Comments

Popular Posts