Vacation Days - Four Days Unscheduled!

Bit of a dilemma today...

I just got a reminder from HR in London that I need to schedule any holiday time I am taking off in December by October 1st. And that made me realize...

"Between J's wedding in Cabo and my Rome trip with Frogger, I've only taken seven days so far. That means I have 15 left to schedule!"

Now, I realize most people wouldn't complain about too much vacation time... So I won't either. But even after I take the day for our friend's wedding in Toronto in October... The four days to go home to Arizona for Thanksgiving... And the 6 days for my brother-in-law's wedding in Melbourne... That still leaves me with four days I have to schedule.

And at my company, they have a strict "use it or lose it" policy. If I don't use it by December 31st, it does not transfer over.

So I guess random Fridays off for the rest of the year?

UPDATE:
Hee! Hee! I just checked the HR tracking sheet... None of the days I have taken so far have been counted, so I technically have 22!

But, since I am an honest person, I contacted HR and let them know that they hadn't counted them yet.

Comments

Dan said…
I think you should spend four days in Tomb, drinking Jose Cuervo tequila while unlocking secrets through the counter-clockwise turning of the ancient wheel.
Frogger said…
I feel a Friday day-off in December for holiday shopping...
Me said…
LOL! Dan, I will never ever go back to Tomb.

I am sorry I made you all do it. But keep in mind, Mr. Bennett said we had to have a "team building" thing. So blame him.

Popular Posts