BOLT BUS MISHAP....

Okay...

So, the NYC trip is off to an odd start...

About 20 minutes after I did my last post on how great the Bolt Bus is, we had a little incident...

We were turning a corner at the top of Central Park, to head down the West Side to Penn Station. That's when all of the sudden we heard a loud scratching sound and then plastic shattering.



Yep, the window right across the aisle from us had been hit by a scaffolding corner put up around a building. And because the bus is so large and the scaffolding came out so far, when we turned the corner so tightly, the window got busted.

Glass shattered everywhere. The two girls who were sitting in our row, across the way, weren't hurt. But both they and The Husband and I got sprayed with chunks of plastic-glass.

Here's a view of the situation from the outside of the bus...





Our bus driver, who's name was Lewis, was a very good man. He was a very safe driver, and he handled the whole incident professionally. No one was hurt, just a little shocked.

The Husband and I grabbed our bags and just decided to cab it down to our hotel from the scene of the incident. I would still highly recommend taking the Bolt Bus to NYC if you have the chance, as it was a good experience otherwise.

I did have a few shards of plastic-glass material in my bag afterward though.

Comments

Vanessa said…
The bus sounded fantastic until this little mishap. Truthfully it could probably happen just as easily on a city bus and the BOLT bus sounds much better than that. Glad everyone is ok.
Anonymous said…
Hi there! I just wanted to let you know that I recommended your blog on my Blog Day 2008 list: http://freeandflawed.com/2008/08/31/blog-day-2008/

I hope you enjoy your trip :)
Me said…
Aw... Thanks Jenn!

Sorry to hear about the pool situation at your hotel. total bummer!
Anonymous said…
Thats a crazy mishap but the bus sounds interesting.
Adam said…
Hey I was on that bolt bus too! Glad to see this made it onto the web somewhere!

I disagree with your comment about the driver however. Sure he was a nice guy, but a "very safe driver" he was not. He was honest though - "If you see any red lights they were yellow!" and "We're going to drive like we're in New York" sure were true statements.

-Adam
Me said…
LOL! How funny Adam!

I loved Lewis though. I thought he was efficient and good.

I was glad no one was hurt.

Popular Posts