R.I.P.: You're Damn Right...

Dear God,

I looked the other way yesterday when you decided it was time to take Bernie Mac away from us late Friday. After all, he had been sick for a while... And even the gossip sites had suggested that his pneumonia situation was "grave."

But now Isaac Hayes?

Come on!

This one was completely out of the blue!

How can I ever enjoy another playing of the theme song to Shaft or hear another round of Salty Chocolate Balls with out feeling bitter?

The only way this weekend could suck more is if you decided to go ahead and take Paul Newman away from us as well.

I'm watching you, Lord. Watching and hoping you aren't hating on me too much this weekend.

XOXO,
The Missus

Comments

Anonymous said…
No, please Lord...spare Cool Hand Luke!
Vanessa said…
This was a tough week loosing TWO of my favorite voices. I will never hear Chocolate Salty Balls in the same lighthearted way again.
Dan said…
It's been an odd year for pop culture. Here's hoping Heath wins an Oscar. Shaft was da man and Bernie always made me smile.

Popular Posts