LBD: Silk Georgette From Banana Republic.

The other day I was telling Frogger about how displeased I have been lately with Banana Republic.

I feared that they had gotten really lazy lately with the quality of their design and construction. I had bought things that pilled and fell apart almost immediately after buying them.

I had given up on ever shopping at Banana Republic in the near future.. Until I saw this...

The Tie-Neck Silk Georgette Dress...



And you may commence drooling.

Seriously, how gorgeous is this piece? It is amazing. It is a classic example of a Little Black Dress (LBD). I am dying to buy it. But, I don't need it. I mean, I have two LBDs in my closet already. At least!

There's the one-shoulder dress by Vince... And the eyelet see-through one from Calypso... Oh! And a cleavage-enhancing wrap piece from Banana Republic a few years ago... Oh! And speaking of wrap dresses - there's the Diane vonFurstenburg classic black wrap The Husband got me for Christmas nearly two years ago...

So yeah... I don't need a new LBD. But I hope one of you readers decide to get this piece. It's gorgeous!

Comments

angieO13 said…
You should do a fall 2008 updated trends post. I'm needing some help on scarves/jackets/boots to get for the upcoming season. I love that scarf from GAP you posted- affordable and cute! I went out and bought it the next day.

And I may be asking an awful question.. but what are your thoughts on uggs? Specifically- the 'ugg suburb crochet' which is new for this season.

Thanks!

:) Love your blog!
Me said…
Thanks Angie!

As for the new crochet-style Uggs... I do like them. Especially in the rich brown color.

I think they'll go well with the whole "country-chic" look that will be big this Fall/Winter. PLUS, these Uggs have a Bohemian flair to them... Which will work nicely with those type of pieces as well.
Anonymous said…
i can't seem to find the dress on bananarepublic.com!! where is it?
Me said…
OMG!

It's now out of stock!!!

It is in stores though, if you live near a Banana Republic.

Popular Posts