Sweet Cancellation.

Argh!!!

I'm not going to name names... But I'm a little peeved today.

Earlier this week, I ordered a certain type of sweets from a neighborhood place that makes these sweets. Even though this particular place is under-going construction, they assured me that they would be able to make my sweets with no problem.

So I went ahead and placed my order. I was to pick them up today, which is when they would be ready.

Then, last night, before I went to bed, I noticed a message on my cell phone. A local caller had left a message at 9pm. It was the place I had ordered from...

"Yeah... Sorry to call so late. I have some bad news. Unfortunately, we had some construction problems in our kitchen... And we weren't able to make your (sweets). And unfortunately, we're not going to be able to make them in time for you to pick them up tomorrow. We have reimbursed your card and will be sending you a gift certificate. We're so sorry."

I actually feel bad for this place. And they were very nice. But I'm still a little peeved... Because now I have to come up with a "Plan B" for for my "sweet-event." And it's a shame, because my "Plan A" totally rocked.

No worries though, neighborhood business. I do understand, and will definitely encourage others to continue to frequent you. It's a bummer though.

Comments

Popular Posts