Aquitaine Restaurant Week Menu: It Blows.

I have dined at Aquitaine on Tremont Street a handful of times since moving to the South End three years ago. I have loved it every single time. However, I have decided to cancel my reservation for dinner there tonight.

Why?

Well, I went on to their website and got a sneak preview of their Restaurant Week menu... And it totally does not appeal to me or The Husband.

I'm not a picky eater, believe it or not. But I find beets, wax beans, plums, hard boiled eggs, chilled soups, and grape tomatoes all unappealing. And so does The Husband. So we would end up ordering the same dish for each course... Which is something we just don't do.

So I think we'll just book some place else for dinner. Even though it's only $33 for dinner at Aquitaine, I'd rather go some place that doesn't serve stuff that will make us puke.

I do commend Aquitaine for having placed their special menu online though...

Comments

Unknown said…
Ugh - I have a reservation there for Wednesday this week. Is their regular menu available or is it restaurant week or bust?
Me said…
Regular menu is still in full effect...

We went to Aquitaine... I didn't cancel the reservation... If you go, and partake in the Restaurant Week menu, I highly recommend:

Salted Cod to start
Chicken for entree
Chocolate Espresso Pot for dessert

Popular Posts