Restaurant Week 2008: Aquitaine (We Went Anyway).

I decided not to cancel the reservation at Aquitaine for dinner. The Husband was really looking forward to going, and he promised that he would order different things than me.

So we went... And...

I ordered:
  • Appetizer: Chilled Corn Soup
  • Entree: Chicken with potato confit, corn and bacon
  • Dessert: Chocolate Espresso Pots
  • Drinks: Le Bleutini & a glass of Pinot Noir
Here's how I felt about each above choice:
  • Appetizer: It blew. I tool two bites, and I made a pouty face that indicated to The Husband that we needed to switch plates. The corn soup tasted like it came straight from a can. The salted cod The Husband had ordered, though, was delicious. It was like a crab cake.
  • Entree: The chicken was dry... But, well, it was chicken... So I wasn't expecting much. The corn, potato and bacon mixture was so good though!
  • Dessert: I give them "props" for serving it with an espresso spoon... But overall, I wasn't impressed. The coffee ice cream tasted a little too icy, and lacked a proper creaminess.
As for the drinks... Le Bleutini was fantastic! And so was the Pinot. Aquitaine is a great place for cocktails and brunch. But Restaurant Week dinner... I must confess, I am not a fan.

Of course, when you kick off your Restuarant Week with Sibling Rivalry, everything after is bound to disappoint.

Comments

Popular Posts