"Hapee B-Day Gramer Vandel!"

We like to have fun in our office. And today's fun entailed the following:
  1. Sending Mr. Sportz (our boss) an email that since he called out sick, we were gonna "watch movies in the conference room again." (We tried that two weeks ago. But 10 minutes into the movie, the computer was remotely shut down by our Technology Director, who was working from home. I guess we're not supposed to commandeer conference rooms to watch Mean Girls while at work.)
  2. Making fun of Coco & Lafe's new song set list that they debuted today. Yes, the music is still as awful as ever.
  3. Bitched with one co-worker about the lack of paper towels in the ladies room. (We always seem to run out of paper towels in there. It's getting ridiculous!)
  4. Listened to one co-worker tell us about the outfit he will be wearing tomorrow night at the Roxy. (It includes a hot pink bowtie.)
  5. And... Surprising the Grammar Vandal with an ice cream birthday cake!


In case you didn't know, the Grammar Vandal came to work for my company a few months back. And tomorrow is her b-day! So I went out and bought (as a "Plan B" when the cupcakes from the South End Buttery failed to be ready) her an ice cream cake from Shaw's this morning.

I even decided to pick up an icing stick so I could "grammify" it up with writing. I think she got a kick out of it. And the cake was (surprisingly) good.

Comments

It was such a nice surprise!! I was so not expecting something like this....and I still think it's pretty amazing that I was hired by one of my fave bloggers. People love to hear that.

Popular Posts