Vacation Destination: NYC!

So The Husband and I finally got around to doing our research this afternoon... And we have agreed and now booked our next vacation (which will be Labor Day weekend)...

NYC!

No surprise! We went there last Labor Day weekend. Only this time, we're NOT staying at the W Hotel, and we are busing it instead of flying.

We decided that even though Las Vegas, Denver and Seattle all sounded appealing for a quick vacation, we didn't want to go to far from Boston. And I really wanted to do Mohonk Mountain... But we don't have a car, and we don't really want to rent one.

What can I say? We are lazy people. If it's not convenient, we just won't experience it.

But NYC...

We're staying at the Plaza Athenee hotel, which is on the Upper East Side, near Madison Avenue on 64th Street. We're going to hit the Met, the Guggenheim and possibly one other museum during our two days there. And of course, I full intend to hit the original Barney's and Bergdorf's while there too.

So this means Casey has won the contest. She suggested we eat and shop our way around the city.

CASEY: I NEED YOUR CONTACT INFO SO THAT I CAN SEND YOU YOUR PRIZE... PLEASE EMAIL ME AT commongroundblog@gmail.com.

Comments

Dan said…
You should do Mohonk at some point. It's a beautiful part of the state and not far from where I grew up.

Popular Posts