Hmm... Chewy Fish Oil!

I hate pills.

People who know me know that I can not swallow pills. If they're any bigger than a birth control pill, they ain't going down. When I have had to take a big pill (like Clomid or BActrim), I had to crush the thing up. Which often didn't taste good AND got the drugs into my system much faster. (Which is not good when something is supposed to be time-released.)

So often, with over-the-counter medication, I buy the children's liquid version. Liquids I can always get down. With vitamins, I pop Flintstones complete every day. (Even for adults, they provide MANY of the nutrients and minerals you need each day! And they taste good.) But one supplement that I was missing out on each day was fish oil.

Ah, yes... That lovely Omega-3 fatty acids that one needs each day to help with a number of body health areas. Fish oil is good for:
  • Reducing heart disease
  • Maintaining normal cholesterol levels
  • Joint and brain health
  • Beautifying the skin
But the fish oil pills you find in health stores? Those things are HUGE. And there's no way I can get them down. So I figured there just wasn't going to be an opportunity to take in fish oil, unless I wanted to eat fish. And the fish that have the Omega-3 fatty acids (salmon, sardines, anchovies) are fish I hate.

But, as I was walking in downtown at lunch yesterday, I saw in the window of a GNC store a new product...



It's Omega-3 chewable form!!!!

I went in and bought some. They were $20 for a bag of 60.

When I got back to my desk, I popped them open and took one. Each chew looks and smells like and orange Starburst candy. It has the taffy consistency of them as well. And you know what?

THEY ARE DELICIOUS!

Swear to Balenciaga and McQueen! They are yummy.

I now take them each day when I come into work. First, I pop my Flintstones vitamin, then I pop my chew.

I am a power-packed nutrient machine!

Comments

Vanessa said…
I buy the large bottle of fish oil and put a teaspoon on salads. I may have to try this; I love starburst.
Anonymous said…
My name is Holly Lem and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

I am 28 years old. I got preg first time on my own & miscarried. after a while of trying, my dr put me on clomid. after the first round i got pregnant & miscarried. i decided not to try or think about it at all probably for a 9 months... right around the time baby would be due & then started trying again. after a few months got back on clomid. after 5 months and no pregnancy i'm giving it a rest again. it's to much disappointment. i'm going to give it a try again soon, in the mean time we're keeping our fingers crossed for the old fashioned way to work.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
HOT FLASHES, moody, cry easily, weight gain, headaches etc!!

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Holly Lem

Popular Posts