From The Desk Of The Missus.

Lately, I spend most evenings and a good chunk of my time sitting in my "Master of the Universe" chair, contemplating my existence.

Not really.

What I really do is sit at my desk, reading magazines, procrastinating (severely) on Fellatio in the Garden of Eden, and putting on make-up. I spend so much time dilly-dallying here that I felt I should share it with you...

Here is what my desk looks like currently...



Upper Left Corner
  • Fashion & beauty books.
  • John Derian tray with frequently-worn jewelry.

Upper Middle
  • Collection of Jo Malone fragrances.
  • E45 cream from Boots in London.
  • Lemon soy candle.
  • Gardenia candle.
  • Neutrogena hand cream.
  • Hot pink peony I wore on my wedding dress, at the waist.
  • Silver-plated mini trunk with jewelry.

Upper Right
  • iPod speakers.
  • White sage (which I still need to burn).
  • West Elm lamp.
  • William Yeoward vase with my collection of $5 bills.
  • A small bottle of Absinthe. (Which Bail got me from her tip to Paris. I may use it soon to kick start my writing.)
  • Make-up case with loads of make-up.

Lower Right

Lower Middle
  • Silver drink tray.
  • Starbucks Double-Tall Soy Latte.

Lower Left
  • Stacks of September fashion magazines.
  • Box of fancy matches.

Comments

Vanessa said…
I showed this to the SO and told him I don't want to hear one more word about my desk. He constantly tells me it will collapse from the middle from the weight. I will have to say, you have me beat in organization. Glad you are enjoying the book.
I desperately need a space like this - but our tiny apartment just can't spare us the room. Rather, my girl junk is scattered in piles around the whole darn place:)

I spy a talking Stila palette. I have the original smokey eye one. I'm ticked though - one of the shadows cracked and now I'm afraid to transport the darn thing.
Me said…
I just bought the Stila Smoky eye palette. I LOVE IT!
Kitty said…
Love this! My desk looks a little like this only imagine all the fashion mags are food & beverage industry magazines, the books are cocktail books both vintage and modern, and the petite perfume bottles are bottles of sampled/to be sampled booze I've got to write about. Cin-cin, girl! To desks cluttered with the things you love.
Marisa said…
I am a big fan of your blog, but I have to ask, why do you have a jar full of five dollar bills?
Me said…
LOL!

That was back when I was saving every $5 I came across... In an effort to save more money.

In the span of six weeks, I had collected $180 in $5-bills. It was a very effective way to save money.

Popular Posts