I Had To Get A New Phone, Again.

So, the shitty refurbished phone Sprint sent me last month as a replacement stopped working this morning.

It was fully charged, but it wouldn't turn on anymore.

So the first chance I had, I went to the Sprint store in Downtown Crossing to get a new one. I marched into the store and walked up to the first available rep I saw and said...

"My replacement phone you sent me last month has stopped working. I need a replacement. And I can't extend my contract because I may be moving in 9 months. So what do you have to show me?"

Well, turns out, they don't have much. I ended up with this ghetto phone...



Please note the buttons...



And the lack of a camera feature.

This lovely piece of shite cost me well north of $100. And I would have just scrapped it and gotten month-to-month phone from Verizon or other service provider... But seeing as both my husband and I have filled out immigration paperwork for each other's home countries with my current cell number, I wasn't going to switch phone numbers.

Oh... If and when I do get to Canada, I am going straight out and getting whatever super slick piece of technology is available at the time. I am through with ghetto phones!

Comments

Vanessa said…
The buttons look like they were made for someone my Grandmother's age! For the super slick new phone, I recommend a BlackBerry. I have the Curve and love it. The BlackBerry Bold looks nice and should be out by the time you move.
Anonymous said…
You can switch carriers and take your number with you. Been that way for several years now.
Me said…
yeah.. But to switch carriers, I would have to extend my contract. And I can't extend it. I leave for Canada in May 2009.

Most carriers insist on you agreeing to a two-year contract. And I can't do two years.

Popular Posts