Too Much Wine!

Wow!

We had a fabulous dinner at the Ristorante Kosher in the Jewish Ghetto last night. Fried artichokes... Zuchini blossoms... Ravioli... Cod... Lamb... Sweets... And a bottle of Kosher red wine...



It was all tasty.

After dinner, we had to fetch a cab back to the Spanish Steps. When we got into the cab, the cab driver looked at me like I was crazy. The Spanish Steps were only a 10 minute walk. But I pointed to Frogger's shoes, and then he understood. There would be no way she could walk all the way back there in the cute black wedges she was wearing.

Plus we were both pretty tipsy from the wine. So a cab would be a lot faster.

Once we got back to the Spanish Steps, we walked all the way to the top of them and noticed a cute hotel bar patio.
"Let's go have another drink before he head in for the night," said Frogger. I agreed it was a good idea.

In mere minutes, we were sitting down at a table with another bottle of red wine and some dark olives, which Frogger kept insisting were green.



"No way," I said. "These are purplish-black."

"They're green," she said.

"No,"
I stubborned, "they're black."

Eventually I was able to convince her once she took a bit of them.

"Oh yeah," she said. "They are black. I can taste them."

Frogger wasn't able to get through her glass of wine from the bottle. So it was up to me to finish as much of it as I could. Then, I packed her up and we headed back down the steps to our hotel.

I forgot how wine doesn't affect me right away. It takes a while before it kicks in and makes me drunk.

So by the time I got back to the hotel (a five minute walk from the Steps), I was drunk. By the time I sat down at my computer a few minutes later, the world was spinning and everything was funny.

The fun lasted for about another 10 minutes, whlie I emailed and IM'd as many people as I could. Then it stopped being fun.

First, I laid on the bed and closed my eyes. But I knew I would hve to get out of that bed and into the bathroom. So then I laid on the bathroom floor. Then, you can pretty much guess what happened after that...

I felt much better once I no longer had my dinner in me. Or the wine. I was able to shower and head to bed very quickly after that.

I know my limit now when it comes to red wine... Four glasses MAX in an evening. Any more than that, and I will get sick.

Comments

Vanessa said…
Aside from the misjudgment with the wine, Rome sounds fabulous!

Popular Posts