Fireworks In The South End.

Friday night, The Husband and I were off in "dreamland" when we were woken up by a loud "POP!"

Once we were both conscious, we heard two more loud "POPS!" and saw bright blue sparks sync up with the sounds, just outside our bedroom window.

"Jesus!" I screamed. "What the hell was that?"

The Husband and I both got up and looked outside the window. We saw nothing. So we went back to bed. A few minutes later, we heard a series of "CRACKS!"

The people in the streets behind us were popping off fire crackers.

This actually happens quite often in the Summertime in our part of the neighborhood. On weekend nights, we get woken up by a variety of things:
  • Firecrackers
  • Gunshots
  • Loud music
  • People talking really loudly
  • People screaming to other people that they are "deadbeat dads"
It's a nice variety. We endured the firecrackers and music and screaming on Friday and Saturday night. And we figured Sunday would be a night of "rest." We were wrong.

Music and loud yelling happened around midnight. Then, for some unknown reason, there were firecrackers going off at about 4:30am.

I guess the party doesn't ever stop in the South End.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My neighbors think that any day is the Fourth of July. We hear m80s going off in April. Lately it's been every night and it's getting annoying. I wouldn't mind if they were pretty and colorful, but they're just loud, obnoxious and keep setting off car alarms.
Anonymous said…
Guess you should move your ass back to the burbs where it's all clean and nice, honey.
Me said…
1. I've never lived in suburbs. It's always been country or city for me my whole life.

2. I won't ever live in the suburbs.

3. I think the South End is very clean. I just think people should "shut-it" on Sunday nights. Everyone's gotta work Monday morning.
Anonymous said…
From one anon to another: You are a nasty, nasty troll. Why shouldn't this lady be able to expect not to have fireworks exploding at all hours? It has nothing to do with anyone being too unhip for "city-living" or whatever it is you are attempting to imply.

Popular Posts