Exchanging Currency: USD To Euros This Time.

So... Yeah... I went back to the Bank of American branch in Downtown yesterday to trade in my hard earned American dollars for Euros for my Rome trip in a few days. And all I have to say about that is...

"Euro, I thought you would do me better than the British Pound did on my last trip!"

If you recall, I got 145 British Pounds for my 315 US dollars when I took my trip to London at the end of April. But I sucked it up then, because it was a work trip. And I knew some of my expenses would be reimbursed. This trip to Rome though is pure pleasure. (Even though I didn't book Frogger and I next to the Triple X theater... Which is another story for another blog post.)

So for this trip, it's all on me. Whatever I spend, no one will reimburse me for it. But I thought that since the Euro is a little weaker than the Pound, I wouldn't feel as much of the "One-two" punch when I went to go exchange my money this time.

But I was wrong.

This time around, for my 715 American dollars, I got 430 Euros.



What the fudge, man?

And you know that will not last me the five full days I am there. Between the tours, the restaurants and the cafe/lounges Frogger and I want to hang around in, I will easily go through all that cash.

I'll have to go research and see if anyone has any ideas for seeing everything Rome has to offer on the cheap. Off to the travel forums!

Comments

Anonymous said…
The euro is a lot stronger than the pound at the moment, which is why the British are looking for other places to go on holiday! I've got savings in Germany, so it's fine with me :)
Me said…
I'm so jealous, Romany!

Think of all the fabulous electronics and clothing you could get if you came and visited us in the US office!

Popular Posts