Erath Pinot Noir 2006.

A few weeks back, I can't recall exactly when or how, I was introduced to a new Pinot Noir.



Erath Pinot Noir is from Oregon, and it is delicious. (Should anyone be inspired to send me a gift, I would never turn down a few bottles of this stuff.) I know very little about wine, but I think this stuff is great. It reminds me of cherries. The really dark ones.



The last time I had this wine was when I had people over for some Mexican food I had made a few weeks ago. Frogger and I stopped into the wine store down the street, and we picked up a bottle of it. They had a few bottles of the stuff in the store, but we only got one. Our bad...

I went in to the store tonight to get some, and I didn't spot any on the floor. I was hoping the in-house wine expert would be around, but they appeared not to be in the vicinity. So I tried to figure out what I should get instead. And I began digging through all the racks in the cellar. Then...

Tucked behind a rack of organic wines was a smaller rack with bottles on it. Behind one of the bottles on the very bottom shelf was a bottle of the Erath Pinot Noir 2006. Score! There didn't appear to be any other bottles around.

"This could very well be the last one they have!" I said to myself.

So I picked it up and walked back upstairs to pay. I think someone had hidden it there, hoping no one would find it. It was also missing it's price tag... So I think the person took it off in the hopes that no one would snag it if they didn't know the cost.

A few seconds later, I was handing the clerk my $18 and walking home with my treasure.

After I got home, I noticed on the back of the bottle:



You can't quite read it, but it says, "Grapes from the EARTH, wines from the HEART... ERATH."

I think this is a fine wine to be drinking in the evening of the Summer solstice.

Comments

Popular Posts