Vegan Weekdays.

I've decided to finally get back around to that 30-day Bikram challenge I started in March. I got sidelined after a few days from the flu, which then turned into a cold a few weeks later. Then April hit, and I had traveling. And then May came, but I wanted to wait until after my trip to Rome to start another one. So here I am...

I start my 30-day challenge this coming Monday. It's been nearly a year since my last challenge. And I am overdue for one. This time, though, I plan to do things a little differently. I intend to do a few morning classes during the week. And I will also follow a vegan diet during the week. Sound crazy? Work with me here, people...

Over the past year and a half, I have noticed something: I don't seem to respond well to meat and dairy products. When I was in university, out of convenience, I followed a mostly vegetarian diet. (The burritos from Taco Bell were 76-cents! Cheap for college students!) Then when I moved to NYC, eating meat was reserved for weekends while out on dates. I almost never kept meat in my apartment. It was too much of a hassle to cook it, so I didn't. I existed on pasta and crackers.

Then, when I moved to Boston with my fiance (now husband), cooking meat became much more practical. There were two people eating it. And two people to deal with cleaning up from cooking it. This was also the period when I started drinking a lot more coffee drinks with milk in them. I think my body kept up with it for as long as it could... Then about a year ago, I hit a wall.

Anytime I ate certain meats, I felt sick. Same with some cheeses too. And milk? Ugh. But I didn't want to give those things up. I mean, I have no ethical oppositions to meat. I am totally fine with people eating big slabs of raw beef right in front of me. I am one who can totally appreciate the fine taste of a medium rare filet. But I always felt heavy and full after eating meat.

I should point out, however, that there are certain vegetables that make me feel this way too... Including potatoes and eggplant. So I shouldn't eat those either.

So, starting Monday, I am going to follow a weekday vegan menu. No dairy or meat. No poultry. And no fish. Well, maybe fish once or twice a week. Then, when the weekend comes, I can eat whatever I want.

I am hoping eating this way will help with certain problems I keep having in my Bikram practice... And floor poses where we lay on our bellies... Ugh, they make me want to puke! And I KNOW it is because I have undigested food just around in my stomach.

Maybe, after I start going vegan during the week, I will make some progress on my floor-bow pose? Yes, vegan during the week, and pleasure on the weekend with dairy and meat.

The weekends are my "fellatio in the garden of Eden."

Comments

CelticBuffy said…
Sounds great to me! I am getting ready to do my yearly cleanse (after the 4th of July) where I only eat fruit and veggies and homemade bread. I do allow myself some coffee but no sugar and only rice or almond milk. I'm a b***h the first week but the second week goes much smoother. I know I always feel energized at the end of the two weeks!
Vanessa said…
I get that from the floor poses too. Perhaps I need to examine my diet in greater detail.

Popular Posts