Day 7: Not As Bad.

Today marks one full week of Bikram. I seem to have a lot of energy after class today. My muscles were tired, and gave out in certain poses... But overall, I had a really good class. I didn't burn as many calories in today's class, but then, that's not the point of going to class for me. :)

But, just for fun, here is a day-by-day count of how many calories I burned in each class:
  1. Burned 638 calories.
  2. Burned 643 calories.
  3. Burned 813 calories.
  4. Burned 710 calories.
  5. Burned 701 calories.
  6. Burned 658 calories.
  7. Burned 540 calories.
So in total, I spent 10.5 hours and burned 4,703 calories in my Bikram practice this week. It seems like days when my heart rate skyrockets and I have a tough class, I tend to burn more calories. And the days where I have a good class, I burn less.

So I guess the better shape I am in (in terms of being rested and hydrated) before the class, the fewer calories I burn.

Comments

thedancingj said…
However, the MORE interesting question is how many does your body burn when you're NOT in class as your overall health and fitness improve. All that blood pumping, oxygen flowing, muscle tone building... totally changes the way your body processes energy. I KNOW that my body processes food differently as a result of my practice.

The MOST interesting question is... WHY (and HOW?) are you tracking calories at yoga in the first place?

my 2 cents!
J :)
BFW (Tammy) said…
I agree... how ARE you tracking your calories burned? I'd love to do it myself!
Me said…
Polar Heart Rate monitor.

http://www.polarusa.com/products/fseries/f11.asp

Popular Posts