Tim Russert Has Died.

This is incredibly sad news for me and the thousands and thousands of journalists out there for whom Tim Russert was a journalistic hero.

I was introduced to "Meet The Press" my junior year in university. My award-winning journalism teacher at the time made us watch MTP every Sunday, and then write a synopsis for class the next day.

I quickly fell in love with Russert's style, his charisma and his knowledge. He was in a small class of journalists who I look up to, and he will be a tough act to follow. He may not be able to ever be followed.

This is such a shocking loss, made even tougher knowing that this is an election year. It is going to be an even more historical election year, and it is tough knowing that Tim Russert will not be a part of it in the way I had grown accustomed.

Thanks for the inspiration, Mr. Russert. You will continue to teach us all, even now that you are gone.

Comments

Golem said…
I liked the fact that he went after both sides with equal intensity - without being nasty, pretty much without betraying his partisanship - in the same way Chris Wallace does.

Popular Posts