Lock The Freaking Door, People!

Little bit of annoyance I seem to keep encountering each time I go to Bikram class.

Apparently, people do not know how to lock dressing room or bathroom doors lately. Since I started going back to class recently, each time I haven an occurrence of someone not locking the door.

Like last week, I went to go into the bathroom after class. I knock on the bathroom door in the yoga room. I hear nothing. So I SLOWLY start to open the door. That's when I hear a guy's voice scream, "OH! Just a minute!"

"Sorry!" I call back.

The the other day, I was going into the bathroom again... After class. I knock and hear nothing. But since my previous incident days earlier, I knock a second time. Again, I hear silence. So I figure it is okay to go in to the bathroom.

"I'm in here!!!!!" calls a girl's voice.

"Sorry!" I call back. And then I think, "Lock the freaking door lady!"

Each time, I see nothing. Because I open the door so slowly. Once I hear the voice, I shut the door.

Then, tonight, I attempt to go into one of the dressing rooms to change after class. I knock on the dressing room door. I hear nothing. So I SLOWLY start to open the door. That's when I hear, "Can you gimme a sec?!"

"Sure!" I say back.

But come on people. There are locks on the doors for a reason!!!! Please use them. I don't want to accidentally see your lady or boy bits because you failed to not only lock the door, but also respond to my initial knock on the door.

Didn't these people grow up like me? I used to go home after school in lock myself in my bedroom... Listening to music, reading magazines, talking on the phone, writing... I grew up believing in personal privacy.

LOCK THE FREAKING DOORS PEOPLE!

Comments

Vanessa said…
Like you, I grew up with a locked door as a signal for privacy. Not such a hard concept!

Popular Posts