Affordable & Sexy Work Bags.

Bex gave me a challenge yesterday:
I am starting law school in August, while continuing to work full-time... I need a new bag... I feel like I want to purchase an "investment piece," as you put it -- something that is fashionable, durable and will suits my needs.

Here is what I need the bag to hold:
  • 13-inch Mac PowerBook
  • Amazon Kindle
  • wallet
  • glasses/sunglasses
  • cell phone/keys/ipod/business card case
  • mini-makeup bag
  • maybe a book now and then
I'm kind of a fan of bags that have sections or little pockets for various items, but not married to that.

The bags I have been looking at have been in the $300-$500 range...and I want something that looks professional, but is also a bit stylish.

Alrighty! Work bags can be tough. They have to be polished enough for the corporate environment that Bex works in... But it has to be practical and hold everything she needs for school and life. Also, because she does work in a corporate office, she can't be too "funky" with the bag.

So Bex, here is what I have come up with for you...

Gryson "Josey" Messenger Bag
$541.90 (Sale)



  • Comes with a detachable longer strap.
  • Over 15 inches wide, 12 inches high.
  • Gryson is very hot right now.
  • Only drawback is the lack of "gadget pockets."


Cole Haan Medium Tote Aerin Collection
$395.00


  • Comes with detachable longer strap.
  • Has interior "gadget pockets."
  • 15 inches in length, over 12 inches wide, 7 inches deep.
  • Only drawbacks are the colors. It only comes in Rust or Black.


J. Crew Oslo Bag
$425.00

  • 17 inches wide and 12 inches high.
  • Definitely a chic and fun design. It's not your typical work bag.
  • Two drawbacks:
    • Only comes in the yellow color
    • For the price, it doesn't have enough "gadget pockets".


Anthropologie Delighted Shoulder Bag
$288.00

  • 13 inches high and 16 inches wide.
  • Three inner and three outer pockets.
  • Unique "Watermelon Blush" color.
  • Doesn't look like your typical work bag.


Banana Republic Greenwich Oversize Shoulder Bag
$278.00

  • Over 16 inches long and 13 inches wide.
  • Has a casual "slouchiness" to it. Combined with the leather, it looks professional but not "uptight."
  • Has shoulder strap and handles. Great combo!
  • Has inner "gadget pockets."
  • Only drawback is the color. It only comes in "chalk" on the website. So the variety isn't there.
I hope this helps you Bex! If you decide not to go with one of these, I hope they at least provided you with some inspiration as to what you are looking for in a work bag.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you are my hero.

now...to make a decision!

many, many thanks!!!
Anonymous said…
$542 (on sale) is not affordable. It's like half my rent.
Me said…
No, I agree.... $542 is a chunk of change. But the Gryson bags are very cool and durable... And if you are looking for a workbag that you will use every day, it's an affordable splurge purchase.

Bex said she was looking in the $300 to $500 range. I wanted to show her a variety of things out there.

Popular Posts