Lulling & Dilly-Dallying.

Since coming back from Rome, I've been in a lull.

My sleeping schedule is really off right now. (I either sleep too much or too little.) My appetite is off. (I'm not craving anything in particular. Usually I do.) And my body doesn't seem able to handle certain foods all of the sudden.

Additionally, the sleep that I am able to get is loaded with memorable dreams. However, I keep waking up from them, and then try to go back to sleep... So I forget them. And I don't think the heat spell we are having right now is really helping me with my transition back in to Boston.

I may just be going through a bout of writer's block right now... I've been trying to finish the opening chapter to my manuscript, and I just can't seem to do it. And my usual "get inspired" things haven't been helping:
  • Cook something. (I certainly could cook something, but I have a weird appetite right now.)
  • Yoga. (I went to class today and was really dehydrated. It was a good class, but I found myself having to sit half postures out.)
  • Shopping for magazines. (There are really no new ones out right now that I haven't read.)
  • Watch Weeds. (I just downloaded and watched the entire third season. And as good as it was, I got nothing.)
  • Take a bath. (It's too hot to take a bath.)
I think I may just try to go to bed now.

Comments

Popular Posts