Summer Solstice 2008.

Tomorrow will be the longest day of the year.

By "longest" I mean that the Sun will be out longer tomorrow than it will any other day of the year. This is because the Summer Solstice hits tonight at 11:59pm. The Summer Solstice is where the Earth's axis turns, pushing the hemisphere you are in (either Northern or Southern) closest to the Sun.

Usually, I don't do much in "celebration" of the Summer Solstice. This year though, I plan to hang out with friends for cocktails tomorrow evening. And I intend to clean, de-clutter, and purify my home tomorrow during the day. After I get my new season hair cut and color at Umi Salon.

It's best to start the new season fresh and clean. This reminds me though, I need to pick up a sage smudge stick to burn and push out the stale energy in my apartment.

Comments

CelticBuffy said…
I like the idea of pushing out stale energy. I know our home could use some new and hopefully better energy.
BFW (Tammy) said…
Where do you get your smudge sticks at around here?
Me said…
Whole Foods carries them... Over in the aisles where the incense and candles are... I recommend White Sage. it's dried sage leaves, wrapped in a bundle with thread.

Popular Posts