My Tax Refund.

Yeah...

I know I asked people to guess how much of a tax rebate The Husband and I got this year... Most people got a lot this year from the US Government. I wasn't expecting The Husband and I to get anything, to be honest. So you can imagine my surprise when I came home from work on Monday to discover a colorful Treasury check in the mail...

"Woohoo!" I said. "Just in time for Rome! Maybe I can buy a case of Italian wine to bring home?"

Yeah... I spoke too soon.

WAY to freaking soon.

Yep... Our tax refund was a whopping... (Wait for it!)... One dollar and 56 cents. See????



Yep, that's $1.56. The government wrote us a check for $1.56. The US treasury department took the time to not only calculate out that we were owed $1.56.... But also to get the check cut on the expensive colorful paper, and mail it to us.

I bet when you combine the time and effort from calculation to postage, it cost the government more than $1.56 to get the check to us. So why bother even sending us one? I got my hopes all up once I saw the little envelope in my mailbox.

I emailed my husband and told him, "I dare you to actually cash the check."

Comments

BFW (Tammy) said…
HYSTERICAL!

Hey, if I don't talk to you beforehand, have a GREAT time in Rome!!!
Anonymous said…
Why wouldn't you cash the check? Do you not see all the homeless people walking the streets dying for a buck fifty six? I guess you are way too concerned with what pair of Tory Burch shoes you are going to buy next.
Anonymous said…
Please remember to use at least 10% of that check for doing some good.
Me said…
LOL!

Listen "Anonymous" person...

Yes.. I do see the homeless people on the street asking for money. And yes, I have seen a few in the past few weeks get taken away by ambulances. Occasionally, I give them money. Unlike your sorry shit ass, I actually dip into my purse and give them a few paper dollars... Not just coins.. Dollars.

Most of the time though, I give my money to charities, rather than individuals.

And as for which shoes I concern myself with buying next... I mean, since you inquired... It won't be a pair of Tory Burch shoes... I'm thinking Jimmy Choo. Or a new pair of Louboutins. But not until August, when my new budget begins.

Popular Posts