$300 Tee On Sale For $225.

So, you know I am more than happy to pay a pretty penny for quality designer items. And some of you probably know that I am more than enthusiastic to call out "bullshit" on "designer" items that are seriously over-priced crap.

This falls into the latter category...



This Moschino Cheap & Chic Tee is now $225, marked down from $300.

Seriously... This thing was initially proved at $300. Why? I don't know. But let's try to figure it out together, shall we?

Details:
  • Gray
  • 100% cotton (not organic cotton, just plain cotton)
  • Spray-painted print
  • Considered a "graffiti" piece
Now, I am one that fully respects the graffiti arts. I know how creative and difficult some of that type of work can be. It takes a careful hand to design and implement the outrageous-ness of graffiti art on to cloth.

However, simply spray painting a smiley face onto a cotton tee does not make it worth $300. Or even $225.

Comments

Dan said…
I kind of like it though. It's original. Can't say I've seen anyone wearing this. I think it would be a cool shirt to wear while you're sipping dirty martinis at dusk on the boardwalk.
Me said…
True... But you could make it yourself... And not pay $225 for it.

Maybe making graffiti tees should be part of our summer outing?
Dan said…
Good thought. We're a creative lot.

Popular Posts