Day 4: Plantar Fasciitis Set In.

Class went well today in terms of me not having the pukey feeling. I ate early enough and stuck to a liquid lunch, so my belly didn't feel "ugh." But I did have one problem: plantar fasciitis.

Plantar fasciitis is condition in your feet the tendons on your sole (know as the "plantar fascia") are worn out. Usually this is a side effect from pronation of the foot (putting more pressure on the inside of your foot when you walk). Because I wear flip flops and flats a lot, my arches are a little "fallen." And I do naturally pronate. Which means my plantar fascia are easily agitated... Especially at the gym and during you, when I am trying to stand high on my toes and bend my knees.

Yep, I could barely get into parts of awkward pose tonight because the bottoms of my feet were burning. But the rest of the class was quite good for me. Tough, and sweatier than usual... But very good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I had terrible P-F a few years back. A "night split"cured me fast. I wore it nights for 3 or 4 weeks, and I still wear it overnight as a preventive measure occasionally when my feet feel fatigued. They cost way too much, but it worked for me.

And it's funny, but just an hour ago I dug mine out after feeling heel pain the past few days.
Anonymous said…
I get HORRIBLE PF when I really commit to my running schedule -- I am a super pronater and probably should not be a runner, but...

There is this thing called the Strassburg Sock (you can get it at any running or athletic store) that you wear at night to bed. It is a white sock that with a strap that connects your toes to your knee -- it keeps your foot flexed at night and helps prevent PF. It REALLY works...

Something to look into if yours gets bad. (And if it gets REALLY bad, I had physical therapy for a few weeks to break up the scar tissue -- "heel spurs" -- that result from the wear and tear.)

Popular Posts