Yoga Buzz Gone Bad: I Stole An Umbrella.

I actually feel pretty terrible about this one... Even though I did not do it on purpose.

I was feeling really good about today's yoga practice that after class, I laid out for just a few minutes in the room. Normally, I lay out for like 10 minutes. But today, I had lots of energy after class, so I only laid out for about five minutes.

Afterward, I went out into the lobby began shuffling my stuff in and out of my bag. I was digging for my wallet so that I could buy a water to drink on my walk home. And it was on the bottom of my bag. So out went everything in my bag, so that I could get to the bottom of it, where my wallet lie.

Then, I began putting everything back into my bag, once I had my cash in hand. I had unloaded everything on to various shelves in front of me. So I just threw them all back in quickly, paid for my water, and walked home.

About three hours later, I was able to leave my house again. (I had waited around for two and a half hours for a grocery delivery. Argh!!!!) I began pulling things out of my yoga bag and putting them (if needed) into my small bag to leave the house. That's when I pulled out not one, but TWO black umbrellas. And I knew one of them was definitely not mine...



"Where did this umbrella come from?" I asked myself.

Then it hit me. I recalled putting an umbrella back into my bag, but I had never taken one out of it in the first place! So I stole someone's umbrella!!!!!

Totally by accident, of course.

I do feel bad. I hope that whosoever umbrella this is, they didn't get caught in the torrential downpour we had this evening at about 6pm.

I will, absolutely, take the umbrella back to the yoga studio tomorrow... In the hopes that the owner gets reconnected with it. And I hope they don't hate me too much.

I chalk it up to my "yoga buzz" after class. But I am very, very sorry for stealing the umbrella.

Comments

Dan said…
You are such a nice person.

It's too bad someone took umbrage with their missing umbrella.

But getting wet now and then is good for the soul.
Anonymous said…
this is why i do not allow myself to drive after bikram...never underestimate the power of being "yoga stoned"! :)
Vanessa said…
This is why I hate to drive after yoga! I have to constantly remind myself "pay attention, you are driving a CAR!"
Vanessa said…
Oh how funny, I just read Bex's comment! Guess I'm not the only one!

Popular Posts