Day 8: What A Juicy Class!

OMG...

That was the sweatiest class I have been to in a long time! It was hot, but not as much as it was humid. Halfway through the class, the teacher turned the humidifiers off in the room. It was so humid outside that we didn't need them in the class.

So I had a pretty tough class tonight, as you can imagine.

And what made it even tougher (and more humid) was the number of people in the room. I think we had about 30, which is a full studio in Boston. I got to the studio just after 5pm, and already there were 20 people signed up on the list. I didn't think so many people would be motivated to get to class on such a hot day.

The humidity definitely made it a tough class, but I was distracted by something else in certain poses...

My throat. In quite a few compression postures, I would find my throat beginning to "itch." I took it as a sign that I was compressing the thyroid gland the correct way in the pose. So perhaps my metabolism will be speeding up?

Only 22 more days to go!

Comments

Popular Posts