Day 1: I Ate A Salad For Lunch.

I got up this morning at 4:30am. I got up and had my cup of hot water with lemon. Then I packed my bags and caught a cab to the yoga studio.

Once I got there though, the teacher greeted me with, "You're the first one here!"

See, now, this is one of my fears. I always fear that I may be the only one if I go to the 6am Bikram class. And I would hate to have a teacher hold class if it's just me in there. But fortunately, another person showed up. So there were two of us in there.

In addition to kicking off my 30-day challenge, I also decided to get a salad for lunch today. Now you may not realize this, but I don't typically eat salads for lunch. I eat pizza, sandwiches, cookies or hamburgers usually. Salads "bore" me. But, given the slim number of things I can eat, salads are pretty much my only option.

Today's salad included: mixed greens, broccoli, red onion, carrots, cucumbers and olive oil on the side.

Despite the hardcore veggie ingredients, it was tasty. And I bought some grapes to munch on as well. I'll try to be more creative with tomorrow's salad though... As I am sure that is what I will end up eating.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I also do the vegan thing most of the time (for health, not ethical, reasons). Based on experience, I recommend that you include something like nuts, tofu, or avocado in your salads to make them more satisfying. I prefer to pack my own because I get more variety, and I also like to put in raisins or something more "dense". Otherwise, I'm famished mid-afternoon (I try to always have a snack on hand just in case). I also like some whole grain bread on the side. But there are lots of other things you can eat - pasta, stir fries, sandwiches, mmmm. Cheers to you for trying something new!
Dan said…
Good for you. There's nothing like getting up in the morning and the first digit on the clock reads "4."

Popular Posts