South End Sights.

One reader, Legally Brunette, asked me for a map of my favorite places in the South End. I hope she finds this useful... There's certainly a lot more to see in the South End, but these are just a collection of things I like to go and see...

  1. Pembroke Street – Pretty gardens in front of the brownstones on this street.
  2. Leokadia – New shoe store, cute Boston-chic fashion.
  3. Vessel – Kinda boring… But it’s new and some people like it.
  4. Starbucks – I must point this out. It’s the law.
  5. Motley – Great place for T-shirts and trinkets.
  6. Turtle – Cute clothes, but very expensive.
  7. Beehive – Great place for dinner.
  8. Picco – Ice cream and pizza. I recommend getting the “Cow Tipper Frappe.” Milk stout and ice cream – YUMMY!
  9. Uniform – Clothing store geared towards men.
  10. South End Buttery – Fantastic cupcakes & cappuccinos.
  11. Hudson – Home goods
  12. Looc – Not a fan of this store. The owner is “frosty.” But it’s pretty to look at the stuff in it.
  13. Aunt Sadies – Candles & trinkets.
  14. Peter’s Park Dog Run – A dog park. But it’s so much fun.
  15. SOWA Open Market – Sundays Only
  16. Gaslight – Great for brunch. Risky for any other meal.
  17. Toro – Excellent place for brunch or dinner. (Located on Washington between Wooster and W. Springfield Street.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, this is great, but did you know about Povo? They are all about making these kinds of personal maps, and they're local to Boston. We covered them in Xconomy a while back, see Povo Lets Residents Say What’s Best and Worst About Boston, Block by Block.

Also, your map is very nice, but it probably would have been easier to make if you'd used My Google Maps and embedded the resulting map here.
Me said…
You're probably right Wade. I'm so ghetto when it comes to HTML and images and stuff.

Thanks for the tip! I will check it out when I get back from my vacation in Rome!
I LOVED this !!thanks for the tips!I find this kind of stuff very helpfull so thanks :) (really)
This is fantastic! Thank you SO much for doing this =)
Many thanks again for the map. My in-laws visited this weekend and, as I knew she would, my mother-in- law (MIL) requested that we skip Newbury and Back Bay to shop in unique stores she can't find in her hometown. We headed for the South End and shopped at Vessel, Motley, and Posh, among other places. I got a gorgeous multi-strand gray bead necklace (handmade by a local craftswoman) at Turtle. And the best find of all was the SoWa Open Market. Husband and I bought some amazing prints from a local photographer for our guest room, we picked up some rustic foccacia bread, and the MIL and I gushed over some gorgeous hand-painted pottery. We plan to order some after checking out the potter's website, which carries more styles than she had on display yesterday. All in all, it was a lovely afternoon and we will definitely visit the Open Market again this summer.

Popular Posts