Fontana Di Trevi.

After a long day of walking, Frogger and I decided that it would be best to keep things close to the hotel for dinner tonight. Lucky for us, our choice in hotels has made it easy to see so many things in only a 10 minute walk.

Tonight, for dinner, we headed over to Trevi Fountain. We hadn't been to it yet, and it is on the list of "must-see" things in Rome.



One legend of the fountain is that visitors who throw coin, over their shoulder, into the fountain are ensured a return trip to Rome. The last time I came to Rome, I threw a coin into the fountain. the Husband did not. That's all I am saying.

Tonight, I threw two coins over my shoulder and into the water. It is said that "two coins will ensure a marriage will occur soon." Well, I am already married (if you doubt that, you must be in league with the USICS)... But it could be a "creative marriage" - where my mind and my pen finally join union to bring about a creative piece of work that someone will want to publish, and a few will want to read.

After tossing coins in the fountain at twilight, we walked up one of the streets to a little place called "Historia Trevi." It's the best place in Rome to get gnocci. No lie. And for an appetizer tonight, I had a plate of salami and proscuitto.



Yummy!

After dinner, we got some gelati, and went and sat back by the fountain. We took more pictures.



Then we walked back to our hotel to tuck in for the night.

Comments

BFW (Tammy) said…
Just so you know... I am following your every step this week. I am SO jealous and trying to live vicariously through you! My 5 year wedding anniversary is Labor Day weekend and we honeymooned in Italy. Originally, we planned on going back this year to celebrate... but the damn economy...

Instead, we are off to the Vineyard for two weeks in August. Not bad, but I am feeling so nostalgic and remiscent reading your blog this week!
Me said…
LOL!

Thanks Tammy!

Yeah... I have to say... This trip is super expensive... The dollar to euro exchange rate really bites.

Popular Posts