Packing For Rome...

Frogger has put together her packing list. And I must say... She is bringing a lot more than I am.

We will be in Rome for five full days and five full nights (we leave mid-day on the 12th.) So that's five dinner outfits I need to come up with, as well as five day-time outfits. The weather will be similar to what it is here in Boston. So fairly warm.

After reading her list, which includes "five evening shirts (silk, likely black)," I need to re-think my list...

So far, here's what I have in my suitcase:
  • Velvet Red Tie-Dyed Blouse (for dinner)
  • Marc Jacobs Black Tunic (for dinner)
  • Juicy Couture Black Ruffled Blouse (for dinner)
  • Calypso Black Eyelet Dress (for dinner)
  • Tory Burch Pineapple Tunic (for daytime)
  • Banana Republic Black Shorts (for daytime)
  • Three pairs of Raven Jeans (which I intend to wear for both day and evening)
  • See By Chloe Dress (for daytime, possibly evening)
  • Five Tank tops (For daytime... But these are so versatile, you never know where you will need them.)
  • Black Cashmere Cardigan
  • Red Jimmy Choos
  • Silver Tory Burch Flats
  • New Italian Black Peep Toe Flats
  • Haviana Flipflops
  • Sneakers (Though I doubt I will need them.)
  • Alexander McQueeb scarf
  • Newer Alexander McQueen Scarf
  • Blue Scarf
  • Kate Spade Messenger Bag
  • New Balenciaga
  • Yoga Shorts
  • Yoga Pants
  • Yoga Top
  • Laptop
I still need a few more defined outfits for daytime. But I only intend to wear jeans while there. I don't think I even own a pair of dress pants.

Last time I went to Rome, I packed sweaters and jeans. The Husband and I are totally "low-budget" when we travel. We like to be able to just wear what we wore all day. I need to kick it up a notch.

Comments

Frogger said…
You do realize my packing list will change about 30 times before we actually leave...you realize that, right?
Unknown said…
Dear God you spend a ton of money on clothes. I really hope you spend some of your money doing some good.
Me said…
Well Jenny... I spend to my budget. And I budget $2500 to $3000 every quarter.

Keep in mind, I don't own a car. I don't own a home. I don't have extravagent cable packages. And I have no drinking or drug problems... You know, the things that eat up lots of money. Oh, and I do make a nice living in interactive marketing.

And yes, I do spend my money doing "good." In the past five months alone, I have donated twice to presidential election campaigns, a DARFUR campaign and a non-profit for yoga aimed at low-income children.

Just because one spends money on designer clothes does not mean that they are not out there "doing good."

Also, I don't buy just designer clothes. You are just as likely to see something from Wal-Mart and H&M in my closet, as you are something from Saks.

Now that I am in my thirties and have the disposable income (which is what I have after I pay for groceries and my savings each month), I will spend it on nice things. Sometimes those nice things are for other people. Sometimes they are for myself.

I mean, isn't this what I went to university for? To make a good living doing something I enjoy?
Unknown said…
Just slightly ostentatious. Don't you think?
Me said…
Ostentatious?

No, I don't happen to find myself to be vulgar in the "showing off" sense.

Vulgar in the "uses filthy language around anyone" sense, absolutely. I believe foul language can be a lot of fun. And funny.

To be honest, I write about a lot of nice things that I don't buy. I come across intriguing and beautiful things every day. I don't buy them because they serve no purpose. But for things I love, and that serve a purpose, I definitely buy them.

Besides, Jenny, what would you consider to be "doing some good" with one's money?

Do you think that everyone should donate 10% of their annual salary to charity? Because for the first five months I have done that.

How much do you spend on charity? Or do you have the luxury some of us don't have, and give lots of time to charity?

Popular Posts