Day 5: Hot, Hot, Hot.

"Duh!"

It's "hot yoga"... It's supposed to be "hot."

But for some reason, I was really hot today. Uncontrollably hot. Otherwise, it was a good class. I did have the "burning of the feet" in awkward pose again. But I will have to figure out how to deal with that over the next 25 days.

Before class though, a few of us chatted briefly about the different types of yoga there are out there in the Universe. I have tried a few different types of yoga in my time... PranaVayu, Power, Ashtanga... My favorite by far is Bikram though.

I like Bikram best because it's the same exact 26 poses each class. And you don't "flow" through the poses. You hold each pose for 30 seconds to a minute. And you do each pose twice. So, unlike the "flow" forms of yoga, where you "flow" into one pose from another, you actually have a legitimate amount of time to adjust yourself in the pose. And that is how I learn yoga best... By holding the position and adjusting myself in it.

When it comes to yoga, there are so many possibilities that everyone can find the right one for them. But I like the heat, the postures and the structure of the Bikram classes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you are making me want to go back to bikram...hmmm...maybe you'll see me there soon :)

Popular Posts