Day Three: Vegan Efforts Failed.

I failed today to keep vegan.

It started off on the wrong foot when I decided to go with a bagel and light veggie cream cheese for breakfast. And then lunch rolled around... And I agreed to meet a vendor at a restaurant near Quincy Marketplace. So I didn't eat lunch until about 1pm... And lunch was a buffalo chicken sandwich... Which meant...

A really difficult yoga class!!!!!

Ugh. I had the same problem today as I did yesterday. Belly was too full and any pose that involved putting pressure on my belly had me in pain. There was one point where I felt my throat start to burn, as though I was gonna vomit. And rabbit pose, I couldn't even get into that pose.

So, I've made it through Day Three. But I think I will ease up on the whole "vegan" thing and just switch to a "vegetarian" diet while I am going through this 30-day. I need to have some cheese. I can go without the meat and I can do only soy when I drink my coffee, but I gotta have cheese.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you gotta check out the easy vegan recipes here:

www.VegRecipes.org

there's mac uncheese, cheesy sauce, cheesy soup, and more -- all without dairy!
Me said…
The thing is, though, I hate fake cheese. I am fine with soy for milk... But when it comes to cheese, I have to have the real thing.

I'll definitely check out the recipes though. Thanks!
Anonymous said…
ugh, vegan cheese is VILE. I finally found a vegan parmesan substitute that works for me (Parma!), but all the others -- oog...

Vegan doesn't work for everyone. It requires a complete mindset change. When we went vegan, we ate pretty much the same thing for months as we figured out what worked and what didn't. Going vegetarian was easy -- we just substituted cheese for all the meat... :) But when we had to drop dairy (long story), that was a -major- mental shift.

There's an excellent recipe archive at http://www.fatfree.com all of which are vegetarian (and the vegan ones are labeled as such, so you can do a search on 'vegan' and find them all). It was formed from many years of collecting recipes from a formerly-active mailing list for fans and/or followers of the diets promoted by Drs. Dean Ornish and John MacDougall. They have the added bonus of being either fat-free or minimal added fat.

Popular Posts