Best Film Of The Year So Far: The Waitress.

I realized on my flight from Boston to Seattle last month that I had never written about a great film I saw earlier this summer... The Waitress.

I was playing on one of the bazillion channels you get on the Jet Blue flights. But I had seen it earlier in the season at the theater. It is a fantastic film. Total chick flick though. But one I think men can appreciate too.

It's the story of a waitress (played by Kerry Russell) who lives in a small town and lack self esteem. She hates her husband, as he is an asshole. He lets her have no social life. And he makes her give him all the money she earns as a waitress in a pie diner.

She is a gifted pie maker, and spontaneously comes up with new recipes while working. She is plotting to leave her husband when she discovers that the one time they've had sex in the past few month has made her pregnant.

Life sucks for this lady. She just can't get a break to freedom.

Here's the trailer. But it doesn't do the film justice. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD. I will definitely be picking it up to own in November.

Comments

Popular Posts