It's Very Gouda!

Yeah... Because I'm sure you haven't heard that joke ever...

Anyway...

The other day, while at the Whole Foods in Beacon Hill (which, I must confess, is the BEST Whole Foods I have ever been in to), I came across a package of butternut squash and Vermont maple syrup ravioli. It sounded yummy. And on my way home from work today, I was thinking how divine it would be to make for dinner.

But first, I realized I needed to figure out what I was gonna top the pasta with...

"Butter?" I asked myself. "Sure! But what else? Cheese? But what kind of cheese?"

So I hit the little gourmet shop next to Garden of Eden on Tremont Street. The cheese lady there was able to make a great recommendation...

"Well," she began, "It it's got maple syrup in it, you'll want something to compliment that. So how about the aged Gouda? It has a butterscotch aftertaste."

She was right. It did.

I purchased a huge chunk (because I like to nibble on cheese) and brought it home.



The pasta was yummy. It tasted like pumpkin pie with the squash and the syrup. And the salty snap of the Gouda was, indeed, the perfect compliment.

I love it when a plan(ned dinner) comes together!

Comments

Popular Posts