Daytime Dresses.

I know I wrote quite a bit about fashion. And I love fashion. I follow it. I study it at every opportunity I get.

But despite being a fashion fanatic, I don't dress über-fashionable. I spend most of my days in jeans, t-shirts and flip flops. I wish I had the energy to get dressed up every day. But I do not. I spend maybe 30 minutes getting ready in the morning; and that includes showering, fixing my hair, putting on my make-up and contacts. But I am ready for a change...

It's too hot out now, but when it gets cooler (around September) I plan to dress up a little more each day for work. I plan to wear more dresses to the office.

Yesterday (Friday), I wore a dress to work. It threw people off a little. I got the comments of "Wow! You look so nice!" And, "The Missus! You're wearing a dress! It's so cute!"

It made me feel like my wardrobe most days is complete crap, and as a result, I look like crap. But I let it slide. And realized that maybe wearing jeans every day needs to stop. So I need to start researching dresses for the office.

However, I work in a casual office. (Think "dot-com.") I could come in wearing shorts and a tank top, and I don't think anyone would care. So the dresses I choose need to be on the casual side.

I only just this morning made this decision to consider dresses for the office, so it will take many hours and close-up inspections of fabrics and styles. But after looking at some stuff online, here is one piece I like and (if budget allows) will try to snatch up.

Vince Cashmere Dress


I know, I have written before that I love Vince. I have bought two cardigans and the fingerless gloves I was craving in the past few weeks. So it should be no surprise that I like this dress.

Comments

Popular Posts