A Blog About Nothing.

I was pretty lazy this weekend. I worked out. And met a friend for coffee. But other than that, I didn't feel like doing a dang thing. I lacked motivation, even though it was beautiful out.

How lazy was I? Well, let's just say, nothing would excite me enough to leave the house on a Saturday night. Imagine the following scenario...

Saturday evening. 7:16pm. The Missus is in her home office, flipping through online fashion sites.

"BRRRRNG! BRRRRNG!"

The silence of the room is disturbed by the loud shrill of the ugly-assed, bedazzled cell phone she longs to chuck out the window.

She looks at the number. It's a New Jersey number.

"Does anything good ever come from Jersey?" she wonders out loud. "And, do I know anyone in New Jersey?"

She does not. But she decides to take a chance and do something she never, ever, ever does. She answers her cell phone, despite not knowing who is on the other end.

"Um, hello?" she says in her best Zonie imitation.

"Hi. Is the The Missus there?" asks the voice on the other end.

"Umm, not right now."

"This is Person X. I am an editor from L & S magazine. I found her info online through ZZZ website. I was wondering if she was available to go to a bar tonight to check on a rumor?" asks the lady on the other end.

"Umm, she's like not in right now. But I can leave her a message if you like, yeah?"

"Sure!" says the lady. "I wanted to know if she could go to J.J. Foley's tonight and get some one to confirm if a rumor we heard was true."

"Oh! Is this the Justin Timberlake and Kate Hudson rumor?"

"Yes!" screeches the lady. "Do you know if it is true?"

"We heard about it earlier today. But we don't know if it's just a like, rumor. Ya know?"

"Great!" says the editor lady. "Well, can you have her call me back at 973-555-5555 when she gets in? It's urgent!"

"Sure lady. Let me get a pen."

The Missus pretends to get a pen and takes down the info.

Yeah... I read gossip online. But there's no way I want to write it. Or scoop it out. That's not what I am about.

So what am I about?

Well, as someone I recently met told me...

"You have a blog about nothing," he said, taking another sip of fruity wine.

"Yeah," I agreed with him. "It pretty much is about 'nothing.'"

"But you do it well," he said.

I guess this is a compliment from him. But it's true. I blog about nothing in particular. Just whatever happens to pop into my head.

Sometimes, "nothing" is entertaining.

Comments

Anonymous said…
No so much about nothing...

More like, the blog Imelda Marcos never got the chance to write.

I say that lovingly, of course.

:-)
Me said…
LOL!

Hey! It's CT! I know CT!

Yeah.. Me and Imelda... we have things for shoes...

Popular Posts