Hair Cocktail.

When it comes to my hair (which is wavy and uncontrollable lately), I have to be very intentional with my conditioning.

I can't just slather on any old conditioner. I need a conditioner for uber-dry hair. And it has to come in a bulk container, because one "quarter-sized dollop" ain't gonna cut it. Try a quarter of a regular-sized bottle. And that's with my hair in it's new shorter do! (Although, I swear I only cut my hair a month ago and it has already grown an inch!)

But in addition to piling on a lot of conditioner, I have to let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then I comb it out with a huge wide-toothed comb while in the shower. Then I let it sit for a few more minutes. Then I rinse it out.

Next comes the "leave-in" sprays. First is Bumble and Bumble's Hair Tonic. This is to get the hair primed and tingling to receive the next two elements of the cocktail...

Next comes the Ojan Revitalizing Mist. It smells awesome and really, truly works. If I hit a knot or two in my hair while combing it out, I spray some more of this stuff on and the comb passes right through.

Finally, I sleek on some Bio Silk Silk Therapy Treatment. I don't always (usually) straighten my hair... But even if I wear it wavy, this stuff helps control the frizz.

Ah... The things one does for their hair! I need to actually start fixing it nowadays. I've been to lazy the last two years. I usually just "wash it and go." But now it's time to actually start fixing it again.

Crazy, but I often wish I had thin hair. It would be a lot easier to maintain.

Comments

Popular Posts