Lululemon-y Goodness.

I like Canadian things.

Though I am not a fan of back bacon, I do like Canadian wines. (I got married in wine country in Canada, after all. ) I think some of the funniest people in show business are Canadians. (Jim Carey. Eugene Levy. William Shatner.) And I love Canadian people in general. (They're nice. And I did marry one, you know.)

But I think one of my favorite Canadian things (other than The Husband, I guess) has got to be Lululemon.

That's pronounced "Loo-loo-lem-on."

I've heard MANY Bostonians pronounce it "Loo-la-mon." And I'd like to point out that they are missing an entire syllable when they say it that way. (My husband recently met the founder of the Vancouver-based company. He confirmed that it has four syllables.)

Most of you who practice yoga are probably quite familiar with the Lululemon brand. It's been a HUGE hit with the female yoga-set here in Boston. I can't go to a Bikram or PranaVayu with out seeing at least one other chica wearing it. And they should wear it. It's GREAT stuff.

Stylish, durable, and great at wicking away moisture (yes, I know some of you hate variations of that word)... This yoga wear makes you look good and feel good when practicing.

One of the best things I got to do last weekend in Toronto was visit the Lululemon store on Bloor Street. I picked up two new tops. And while they were a little pricey (The Canadian dollar is a lot stronger than it used to be!), I think they were well worth it. I have gotten quite a few compliments on my new tops this week.

My favorite of the two tops is the Athletic Deep V Tank.



Even if you're a little on the bustier side (like me), this top will make you look natural while supporting you. Because let's face it, when you're a beyond a B cup, you're usually stuck with crappy unattractive supporting sports bras that make you feel matronly. And how am I supposed to be motivated to work out if I feel like that?

No thanks!

I definitely recommend you check out the showroom for Lululemon at 376 Boylston Street, near Arlington. They don't have quite the selection that you would find in the Toronto store... But they have enough to whet your appetite.

Comments

Anonymous said…
actually...''lu-lu-le-mon''.

Popular Posts