I Kicked Out!

I haven't had a chance to sit down and write about my special yoga class from the other night.
It was a great class!

Esak Garcia set out a challenging class for everyone in the packed room. He kept telling us to go further in the postures and challenge ourselves. He also talked to us about yoga competitions... And said that even if we didn't think it was something we could do, we should consider competing.

"You're competing against yourself in these competitions," he said. "When everyone comes together for competitions and commits to doing their best, it's a positive energy."

He was basically saying that even if you are a beginner, you should compete because you will be better off after having challenged yourself than if you hadn't.

The highlight of the class for me, though, was finally kicking out in Dandayamana Janushirasana, the "standing head to knee pose."

This pose has been problematic for me for the nearly three years I have been practicing. I have only kicked out a few times. But in Tuesday night's class with Esak, he told me to kick out. (At least, he said it in my general direction.) He said I was ready. No more just holding my knee up to my chest.

I'll be going to yoga tonight after work. I can't wait to see if I do it again.

Comments

Popular Posts