Making Amends.

It's been about a week since I went to the Starbucks across the street before work. As I wrote last week, it's been too hot for hot coffee.

But today, it was cooler enough to pick one up. So I popped in. And the Starbucks Barista was there.

"What can I get you today, The Missus?" he asked.

"Tall non-fat cap please," I ordered, with a big ol' smile on my face.

He smiled back. He looked like he quietly approved of my decision.

I waited a few minutes for my drink, and had to endure listening to a girl and guy try to figure out if they ordered a "dark roast" coffee or a "decaf" coffee. They were confused by the "D" marked in black pencil on the top of their cup.

"Did I order decaf? Or did I order dark roast? I can't recall," says the lady.

"I don't know. What do you want?" asks the fella. "Let's just have them completely re-pour whatever you want, since we don't know what's in it."

(Assholes.)

My drink is called out.

"Venti non-fat cappuccino for The Missus!"

I didn't order a venti. I ordered a tall.

Then I looked at my cup. There was a huge smiley face written next to my name. Starbucks Barista guy upgraded me.

I guess flashing a smile goes a long way.

:)

Comments

Popular Posts