Rockstar Buzz.

I am buzzing right now.

I never understood the hype around those energy drinks that people have been "gaga" for in the new millennium. I tried Red Bull a few times and was grossed out by the flavor. And when I saw multiple hip hop stars coming out with their own drink, I figured I wasn't missing out on anything anyway.

Then, about a week and a half ago, I was walking down Boylston Street, near the Hancock Tower. It was a work day, and there were marketers on the street handing out free ice cold samples of the Rockstar energy drink. There were so many flavors to choose from. But because my favorite color is red, I went with the "pomegranate" flavor.



I wasn't expecting to like the drink. I was just trying to cool down from the sunny afternoon. But after I popped the can open and took a sip, I was hooked. It tasted so good. And I began to buzz a few minutes later.

I haven't had it too often since I tried it that day. But I picked one up this morning on my way to work, and skipped the coffee. Now I am buzzing.

This will be a nice substitute every few days for my morning Starbucks habit. Starbucks is raising their prices by 9 cents a drink... And I understand why they have to do it. But I am borderline "over" paying so much for their coffee.

And I refuse to go to Dunks for coffee. Because it ain't coffee. It's water, with a dribble of coffee, a whole lotta cream, and a whole lotta sugar.

Comments

Popular Posts