"Bitch!"

LOL!

I was able to get out yesterday and get some of my fall shopping done in town. I picked up the two Vince items I wanted...

The black cashmere sweater dress. (Which looks great with tights under it or jeans.)



And the cropped plaid jacket.


I chose to purchase the items at Saks instead of Neiman or Barney's. I don't like that Neiman only takes cash, American Express or the Neiman Marcus credit card. I wanted to use my debit card, since I have saved the cash. And I couldn't find the black dress at Barney's.

Saks is always crowded on Saturday afternoons. Whenever I make the trek in, I always see a slew of men (husbands and boyfriends) who are stuck sitting in the women's section while their women (wives and/or girlfriends) are running around trying stuff on.

"Poor bastards," is what always goes through my head.

I would never make my husband come shopping with me and wait around while I tried stuff on. That's just cruel. And he hasn't done anything bad enough to warrant that. And besides, I don't want his opinion nor his money to pay for my clothes.

I was walking around the women's section with my two items when a sales associate asked me if she could start a dressing room for me. I handed her my stuff and thanked her. She was dressed very cool. Jeans, a caramel-colored leather motorcycle jacket (by Vince!), jeans tucked into high boots and a faux-hawk styled on top of her head.

After I tried my clothes on and determined that both were indeed "must-haves" for the season, I brought them up to pay for them. The stylish sales associate assisted me with this.

"What size is this Vince jacket?" she asked, pointing to my cropped plaid piece of divine pleasure.

"It's a 'medium'," I told her.

"BITCH!" she whispered to me loudly, looking right at me.

I LOVE sales associates with cheekiness!

I laughed hysterically at her audacity and asked, "Is this the last one? You wanted it?"

"I think there are some more in the stock room," she laughed back at me. "These weren't selling until we put them on the mannequin. Now everyone wants them."

It's a really cute jacket. I'm glad I snatched it up. She and I continued to talk about how much we love the Vince line. And also Jean Therapy. She was very knowledgeable about style.

So if you're ever in Saks at the Prudential Center, Cheri is THE sales associate to help you. She knows her stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts